In Collaboration with Leah’s Pantry
This series will help Resource Families with how to creatively nourish their family with less stress and worry to support everyone’s mental and physical health, how to prepare delicious meals and snacks for their family with live recipe demonstrations, and how to deal with feeding challenges unique to foster care all through a trauma informed lens. Families will receive a printed guidebook to accompany the workshops, and after evaluating the curriculum can receive up to $90 in Amazon Gift Cards provided by Leah’s Pantry.
Part 2: Nutrition for the Whole Family | Thursday, November 17, 2022 | 6pm-9pm *In Person*
Location:Griffin Gate 8800 Grossmont College Drive, El Cajon, CA 92020
- How to eat and feed your family nutritiously
- Planning nutritious meals and building healthier habits at home
- How to address concerns about body weight
Part 3: Nourishment, Trauma and Toxic Stress | Friday, December 7th | 6pm- 9pm
- The impact of trauma on children’s eating habits
- How to handle eating challenges
- Nutrition for mental health
- Simple shopping strategies for nutritious foods
Bookings are closed for this event.