Registration begins May 2nd.
Call to register: (800) 200-1222 (online registration not available)
Event location: Will be Provided During Registration
8 Training Hours Offered at This Exciting Event!
You are invited to join the Foster, Adoptive and Kinship Care Education Program for
Super Saturday Training Day at a Mission Valley Hotel.
Various training topics will be offered throughout the day with participants having the opportunity to select the training topics of their choice (first come, first serve), during three separate training sessions. You will have the opportunity to earn 8 hours of training that will meet Foster Home Licensing requirements for yearly training hours. Participants at Super Saturday Training Day will be treated to a complimentary continental breakfast, served lunch during the keynote speaker’s presentation, afternoon snacks, and giveaways at each session. Registration is mandatory and Space is limited with priority given to County Foster, Adoptive and Kinship parents who will plan to attend the entire day. If space is available, those wishing to register for only part of the day, may be accommodated. (Lunch will only be provided for all day attendees).
PARA INFORMACION EN ESPAÑOL LLAME AL (800) 200-1222
SUPER SATURDAY TRAINING DAY TOPICS
SESSION ONE (3 hrs)
- CSEC: This very important workshop will uncover the psychological and familial dynamics that drive the victimization of children by sex traffickers. Caregivers will learn how children are recruited, common warning signs, how victims are impacted and resources available. Join us for this riveting workshop.
- Navigating Transitions in Foster Care: This workshop will explore appropriate and effective interventions when transitioning infants, children and adolescents.
- The Whole Brain Inside Out: Using the hit Disney Pixar movie Inside Out to illustrate what’s going on in the Whole Brain of your child, this workshop will help you learn how you can use your brain to connect and help your child grow.
- Todo el Cerebro de Adentro Hacia Fuera: Utilizando la exitosa película de Disney Pixar Inside Out para ilustrar lo que está sucediendo dentro del cerebro de su hijo, este taller le ayudará a aprender cómo puede utilizar su cerebro para conectarse y ayudar a su hijo a crecer.
KEYNOTE LUNCH SPEAKER: Resource Hour- Building Self Esteem Through Community Resources (1 hr): Supports for Resource Families will be highlighted and shared.
SESSION TWO (2 hrs)
- It’s In the Cards : Come explore 52 Positive Discipline tool cards that can help you respond to many of the most common parenting challenges.
- Re-Moved: One young girl’s experience of being re-moved from her family and home, provides an inside look at the impact foster care can have on children. How caregivers can help will be explored.
- Fun and Healthy Eating with Kids: With a little bit of know-how and a lot of imagination, the food you eat can be tasty, nutritious and fun to make with your children! This class will explore fun ways to engage your foster children in preparing healthy meals and snacks.
- Introducción a la disciplina sin llorar: Utilizando los últimos avances en la ciencia del cerebro, esta investigación es en base a la muestra de modelo de crianza y porque la empatía y la conexión son el camino real hacia la armonía, la cooperación y la disciplina familiar. Este taller proporcionará una introducción a este interesante modelo de crianza.
SESSION THREE (2 hrs)
- Introduction To No Drama Discipline: Using the latest breakthroughs in brain science, this research based parenting model shows why empathy and connection are the royal road to cooperation, discipline and family harmony. This workshop will provide an introduction to this exciting parenting model.
- Teens and Teen Issues: This workshop will explore issues that face teens today, providing caregivers insight into their world.
- Helping Children Heal and Connect through Stories, Songs & Movies: Many foster children don’t know their life story as the trauma they have experienced clouds their view. The use of literature, songs and movies is a fun and non-threatening way for children to begin to heal and explore their own story. This class will help foster and adoptive parents learn how to utilize these tools with foster children.
- Mantener La Calma Cuando La Bomba “F” Explota: Esta Clase Proveera Tecnicas En Como Mantener La Calma Cuando La Bomba “F” Explota. Le Ayudara A Comprender A Sus Hijos Que Han Sido Impactados Por Trauma A Mantener La Calma Y Romper Ciclos Negativos. Usted Podra Ver Mas Alla De Las Luchas Diarias A Travez De Un Lente Neurologico Para Que El Ambiente No Lo Controle A Usted Y Llegue A Ser El Padre/Madre Que Desea Ser.
NO CHILDCARE AVAILABLE-PLEASE DO NOT BRING BABIES OR CHILDREN TO CLASS