A series of 4 workshops
TBRI is a holistic evidence‐based, and trauma‐informed intervention that is designed to meet the needs of vulnerable children
Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)brings hope and healing to caretakers struggling with challenging behaviors. However, sometimes it can present its own challenges when learning how to implement. This class will look at TBRI concepts and how to implement new skills in order to foster connection, attachment, and trust. In each class, participants will gain new insights, learn skills and interact with other caretakers to help them in their journey.
Join trainers Tristen McGhee an Early Childhood Educator, adoptive mom, writer, and advocate for foster/kinship/adopted children, and Brenda Crary, LMFT, a TBRI Practitioner + Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over 25 years of experience in trauma-informed training, counseling & coaching. Both have substantial experience working with vulnerable families to ﬁnd a path of hope and healing.
- Part 1: Introduction and Overview
- Thursday, September 29, 2022 | 9am‐1pm
- Understand the brain development of a child with trauma history. Understand the changes when a child’s needs aren’t met and how they can be healed. Learn to how to apply your knowledge to see the need behind your child’s behavior.
- Part 2: Connecting Principles
- Thursday, October 13, 2022 | 9am‐1pm
- Understand attachment needs and what happens when attachment is disrupted. Understand adult attachment and it’s importance for your child. Learn how to apply your knowledge through TBRI Connecting Principles.
- Part 3: Empowering Principles
- Thursday, October 20,2022 | 9am‐1pm
- Understand how to meet your child’s unique physical and environmental needs. Understand sensory processing and regulation. Learn how to apply your knowledge through TBRI Empowering Principles.
- Part 4: Correcting Principles
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 | 9am‐1pm
- Understand fear‐based behaviors and how to replace them with appropriate behavior. Understand the balance between nurture and structure for positive outcomes. Learn how to apply your knowledge through TBRI Correcting Principles.
Registration will close on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 12 pm
***Please Note: This class will be facilitated on the online platform called Zoom. Internet access and access to a computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone is required to attend.
The link to attend this class will be provided at registration.
Please follow the link below for a brief tutorial on how to sign up for a free Zoom account.
Bookings are closed for this event.