In this course, Rick Delaney, Ph.D. covers four types of anger outbursts in children: temper tantrums, assaultive behavior toward other children, rage toward the mother, and erratic or unpredictable anger. For each type of anger outburst, Dr. Delaney gives viewers insight into possible reasons for the behavior, as well as practical and immediate steps parents can take to deal with their child’s particular type of anger outburst. Also provided are general steps for all foster or adoptive parents who are caring for a child with an anger problem. This course includes interactive exercises and supplemental handouts.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand ways children express anger
- list warning signs of serious anger problems
- identify when to seek the assistance of a qualified therapist
- list positive, immediate steps that can be used to deal with temper tantrums
- outline effective strategies parents can use with violent and assaultive children and youth