Safe and Happy Babies
11/03/2018 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Straight From The Heart
Type of Class
Instructors: Debbie Stolz & MaryAnn Paschal, Resource/Adoptive Parents
Caring for babies has changed greatly over the years. It is essential that all caregivers are up to date on the most current best practices in baby care which may not be covered by regulations.
Caring for babies requires both a good knowledge of basic care, as well as an understanding of special needs and considerations when caring for those in out-of-home care. In this class, we will explore the newest research in the care of the babies and the importance of this stage in their development.
- Plan how to prepare for new placement including car seats, furniture, and supplies
- Review regulations pertinent to this population
- Update today’s best practices when caring for babies
- Explore caring for babies’ special considerations when they have experienced trauma
- Learn about the Period of Purple Crying and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Supporting attachment, reunification, and permanence
Please note, no childcare is provided or available onsite. Do not bring babies or children to class. Thank you!
If you plan to book multiple classes throughout the year, please create a User Account by clicking Sign Up. Your account will allow you to sign in at any time, have a history log of all the classes you register for, cancel any classes and register for multiple classes in one session.
If you decide not to create an account, non-account holders will enter their information to the left to book a class during each registration session.
If booking more than one space, please provide first and last name of additional participants in the comments box.